Saturday 30 June 2012

PCI booked...

PCI has finally been booked in for Monday 2nd July at 8am.  I've also booked in an independent inspector to join us and provide a report to ensure the house has been built to australian building standards.  This will help take the pressure off us, so we can focus on the finishing touches of the house.  Even so, when writing up my checklist for the day, I was surprised when it ended up being 10 pages long!  In this case, I think paranoia is a good thing.

...and as I hate to post without providing pictures, here's one of the carpet we've chosen - it's the third from the top.

3 comments:

  1. Well done on the PCI inspection. very good to hear you have an independent inspector going through. Be very mindful of all the finishing touches to you house i.e. paint coverage plaster scratches dints, benchtop scratches, cupboard scratches & dints, carpet knocked in properly, tiling straight etc etc, we have an inspection tomorrow and hopefully they have fixed all our issues if not the wife & i will not be happy.

    Good luck & take your time with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bron, how did it all go? Love your garden lay out and a path with apple trees will look brilliant, if I was your neighbour I would be hoping that apples landed on my side of the fence :-)

    Independant inspector is definately the way to go, that is how my issues where quickly resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys.
    PCI went fairly well - I think. Nothing really new came up, it's just a matter of them getting into gear and finishing things. Our ss is still saying 'a couple of weeks', so I'm none the wiser on handover dates.

    The inspector went off and did his own thing while we went through the house thoroughly - took us about 2.5 hours. His report supported a lot of things that we had picked up, but also some important things we wouldn't have, so I'm glad he was there. I'll post a bit more detail when I have some time.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Pageviews last month